Take Control of your attention
While some of these may cause websites to not work as expected they provide a fair (not paranoid) amount of privacy and ad-free web experience.
- Firefox on desktop
- Brave on mobile
- Adguard extension and Android app
- Cloudflare 220.127.116.11 DNS
- Add fewer plugins not more.
- Use PageInsights to occasionally check for issues
- Pick a theme that is likely to get updates. JS, CSS assets are often not updated and cause performance issues.
- Use Cloudflare for DNS and performance.
- Cache HTML if you don’t post often.
- Spent a lot of time customizing and it serves me well
- Emacs Keybindings
- IPython console
- VS Code
- If I wasn’t used to Emacs, this is what I use.
- Great to work with Docker and k8s
While other OS are not as customizable as Linux, here’s my recommendations:
- Prefer LTS releases. Even LTS gets frequent updates
- Avoid snap installs unless the package is actively managed
- Avoid wayland for VMs. Faced issue with display resizing